At the Orlin & Cohen Orthopedic Group, we're always looking for qualified people who share our commitment to providing patients with superior, specialized care. We're the largest private orthopedic group on Long Island – and we're growing. If you'd like to join us, email your resume to email@example.com or fax it to 516.763.7413.
- Contact insurance companies.
- Review patients’ benefits plans.
- Interact with varied departments.
- Document information received from insurance carriers.
45 Crossways Park Drive, Woodbury
- Schedule legal appointments and follow up with trial requests.
- Answer phone messages of legal requests, filing.
- Following up on affirmations.
- Update websites and CAQH requirements.
- Update of physicians’ profiles.
- Answer phones in a professional manner.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Obtain and enter patient’s information.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Interview patients.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Position instruments and equipment.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
- Escort patients to the examination room.
- Call referring doctors and laboratories for test results.
- Prepare labels and requisitions for laboratory testing.
- Responsible for writing out prescriptions for tests, physical therapy, etc.
- Enter charges for all services.
- Review Codes.
- Work with collectors, billers, and posters.
- Greet patients.
- Update patient demographics.
- Register patients.
- Obtain referrals.
- Collect copayments.
- Review patient documentation.
- Schedule appointments.
- Answer phones.
- Admit patients in pre-op.
- Receive patients from O.R.
- Monitor post-op patient.
- Administer medications.
- Recognize and utilize safety precautions and procedures.
- Make postoperative phone calls when requested.
- Start IV's.
444 Merrick Road, Lynbrook
- Perform a variety of tasks.
- X-ray all orthopedic studies.
- Able to use both CR & DR systems.
- Order supplies, pertaining to X-ray department.
- Make film copies and burn discs of X-ray exams.
Career Opportunities for Subspecialists
Join our Team! We're looking for highly credentialed subspecialists for our growing practice.