Jonathan B. Ticker, M.D.
Dr. Ticker is a board-certified and fellowship trained shoulder and sports medicine specialist who treats both non-operative and operative conditions of the shoulder. When surgery is indicated, he focuses on minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures for the shoulder repair to aid in return of function.
An accomplished medical researcher, author and international lecturer, Dr. Ticker also has served as an orthopedic and sports medicine advisor to numerous professional, collegiate and youth athletic teams.
A respected member of The Orlin & Cohen Orthopedic Group's sports medicine team, Dr. Ticker completed both his orthopedic residency and a research fellowship in shoulder biomechanics at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. He later completed a fellowship in sports medicine/shoulder at the University of Pittsburgh's Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
"As stated by Dr. Charles D. Mayo: 'The safest thing for a patient is to be in the hands of a man engaged in teaching medicine. In order to be a teacher of medicine, the doctor must always be a student." (Proceedings of the Staff Meetings of the Mayo Clinic 2:233, 1927) I continually learn, and teach, the most advanced practices in shoulder surgery, so I can offer my patients the best chances for a successful outcome."
Dr. Ticker's credentials include:
- Chair of Medical Committee for the United Stages Golf Association Open at the Bethpage Black Course (2002 & 2009)
- Medical staff for players in the PGA Tour FedEx Event The Barclay’s at Bethpage Black Course (2012)
- National Teams Medical Staff for United States Soccer Federation (1995-2009), including FIFA Men's and Women's World Cup events (1996 & 1999)
- Author of over 40 publications about the shoulder (To view: Click here)
- Lecturer for various international and national courses including for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, as well as International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie
- Recognized by Castle Connolly as Top Doctor since 2008, and recently selected again in 2014, for clinical and expertise in treating patients with shoulder problems
- Recipient of Patient's Choice Award & Compassionate Doctor Recognition from Vitals.com
- Healthgrades.com Recognized Doctor
- Co-edited Orthopaedic Research Society 's August 2013 virtual issue of "Journal of Orthopaedic Research"
- Edited or co-edited three books regarding the shoulder, two of which highlight open and minimally-invasive arthroscopic techniques to treat shoulder problems that do not respond to non-surgical measures
On The Move "Arthroscopic Nerve Release" (go to page 3)
Arthroscopic Options For Subscapularis Repair
Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, NY
Surgery Center Affiliations:
South Shore Ambulatory Surgery Center, Lynbrook, NY
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
Arthroscopy Association of North America
International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1988
Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, 1990
New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, 1994
Frank E. Stinchfield Research Fellow, Biomechanics of the Shoulder,
New York Orthopaedic Hospital Research Laboratory, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 1991
Sports Medicine/Shoulder, Center of Sports Medicine, University Pittsburgh, 1995
Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 1999-Present