You don’t have to live with the pain. Chronic neck and back pain used to be something patients simply had to learn to live with. Not so anymore. In recent years, new, state-of-the-art pain management treatments provide significant relief – and improve lives.
That's the mission of our Pain Management Division. Offering the latest in minimally invasive techniques, our interventional pain management team helps patients return to their everyday activities quickly and without heavy reliance on pain medications.
In this video, Dr. Daniel Yadegar, an interventional pain management specialist at Orlin & Cohen, explains how this discipline can relieve chronic, specifically sciatica.
Our Merrick office at 1728 Sunrise Highway, Woodbury office at 45 Crossways Park Drive, and Garden City office at 1101 Stewart Avenue all feature an accredited state-of-the-art digital fluoroscopy suite where our pain management doctors specifically target and precisely deliver potent medications to help relieve a patient's back and neck pain. Available in very few group practices today, this unique in-house service is a benefit and convenience to the patient, eliminating the need to make multiple visits to a hospital or ambulatory surgical center to receive pain management treatment.
We emphasize pain management and use such sophisticated interventional techniques as:
- Epidural steroid injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar and caudal)
- Facet injections and medial branch blocks (cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
- Provocative discography
- Sacroiliac, hip, knee and other joint and bursa injection
- Botox and myobloc injections for pain
- Radiofrequency denervation
- Sympathetic blocks (stellate and lumbar)
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Epidural lysis of adhesions
- Spinal cord stimulations
- Percutaneous Disc Decompression
These techniques, combined with physical rehabilitation, occupational therapy, lifestyle modification as well as acupuncture and electromyography, result in a tailored treatment plan to help you manage your pain – and stop your pain from managing you.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 516.536.2800.
Pain Management Specialists
- Joseph A. Cardinale, M.D.
- Cheryl E. Daves, M.D.
- Daniel Yadegar, M.D.
- Imran Wahedna, M.D.
- Sasha Rouzeau, M.D.
Ask your doctor
- Are you board certified or fellowship trained in pain management?
- Beyond medication, what pain management techniques do you suggest for me?
Body of Knowledge
The more you know, the better you may feel. Here’s a great place to start. Click below for information on: