Spine, Neck and Back
Among the country's top spine specialists, Orlin & Cohen's board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedists focus on relieving chronic neck and back pain so you can regain your life.
Our doctors are renowned for their treatment of spinal disorders, including degenerative disc disease and herniated discs, severe lower back (lumbar) and neck (cervical) pain, osteoporosis, scoliosis and sciatica. Whenever possible, our doctors always first choose the most conservative care for patients, such as physical therapy and pain management with therapeutic injections. Should surgery be necessary, our subspecialists have extensive experience in:
- Spinal instrumentation, which are medical implants designed to provide a permanent solution to spinal instability.
- Minimally invasive procedures that help speed recovery such XLIF® fusion surgery. He is one of few selected surgeons worldwide trained in the XLIF technique, which has a typical recovery time of less than 6 weeks.
- Artificial disc replacement techniques, also known as disc arthroplasty, which may be the preferred alternative to spinal fusion for some patients.
In this video, Dr. Michael Shapiro, Director of Orthopedic Spine Surgery at Orlin & Cohen, shares important questions you should consider–and ones you should ask your doctor.
Spine, Neck and Back Specialists
Ask your doctor
- Is this surgery right for me?
- How is this surgery performed?
- How many procedures do you perform each year?
- How soon do your patients usually resume their normal routines?
Body of Knowledge
The more you know, the better you may feel. Here’s a great place to start. Click below for information on the: