Monday: 8:30am - 8:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 8:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
We’re the Premier Orthopedic Doctors and Physical Therapists in Port Jefferson
Our Port Jefferson office features state-of-the-art orthopedic services and equipment with specialists who offer:
Orlin & Cohen’s Port Jefferson office is located on Belle Terre Road near Mather Hospital, just east of Route 112. Patients come from many surrounding areas including Selden, Coram, Stony Brook, Miller Place, Rocky Point and Centereach to see some of the country’s top-rated orthopedic doctors. This building is also home to Orlin & Cohen’s Port Jefferson- Sports Medicine clinic, located in Suite 209.
Monday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
Tuesday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am – 7:30pm
Thursday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Superior to many other techniques, MRI has proven invaluable for diagnosing many knee, hip, spine and neck conditions, enabling doctors to see musculoskeletal structures that may not be visible by other methods. Orlin & Cohen has American College of Radiology-accredited MRI imaging facilities with the latest technology, including:
- High-Resolution Short-Bore MRI
- High-Field Wide and Short-Bore MRIs
- Open MRI
- Extremity MRI
- Seated Extremity MRI
- Advanced High Field Open MRI
Our MRI machines provide superior image quality for the most accurate diagnosis possible. Orlin & Cohen’s state-of-the-art technology maximizes your comfort, too, with specialized equipment that reduces scan times and covers as little of your body as possible to minimize claustrophobic feelings.
How to Prepare for an MRI
MRI scans involve minimal prep and no fasting. Since MRIs use powerful magnets, you should:
- Avoid clothing that contains metal, like snaps, buttons, zippers, or other fasteners
- Remove jewelry, glasses, watches, and hearing aids before the exam
- Leave coins, keys, credit cards, cell phones, and anything else that is magnetic or may contain metal in one of our secure changing rooms
If you wear a cardiac pacemaker or have metal inside your body, like metal plates, wires, screws, or rods, speak with your doctor about whether an MRI is right for you.
Diagnostic MRI FAQs
How long does an MRI take?
How long an MRI takes can vary, but the average is about a half hour. However, MRIs of certain long bones, contrast-enhanced studies, and arthrograms of certain joints can take approximately one hour.
What does an MRI show?
An MRI enables doctors to see body structures—including bones, soft tissue, muscles, ligaments, and tendons that may not be visible by other methods.
What is an MRI used for?
An MRI has proven valuable for diagnosing many joint, spine, neck, and musculoskeletal disorders.
Monday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Orlin & Cohen’s Port Jefferson office offers comprehensive physical therapy for musculoskeletal problems. Our licensed, experienced, and highly dedicated team designs and delivers a care plan tailored to your specific concerns to relieve your pain, so you can get back to your life as quickly as possible.
Certified and trained in the latest methods, your therapist uses their experience and the state-of-the-art technology to:
- Create a custom treatment plan to rehabilitate your injury, which may include therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, electric stimulation, muscle re-education, ultrasound, strength training and iontophoresis.
- Incorporate specialty treatments such as active release therapy, the Maitland approach, Graston therapy and Kinesio taping.
- Collaborate with your orthopedist to ensure that your treatment program is tailored to your body and your injury.
We accept most major insurance plans.