About Dr. Faust
Alfred F. Faust, M.D., joined Orlin & Cohen in 2008 and is a key member of our spine, back and neck care team. He combines a personal, care-focused approach with extensive research experience in leading orthopedic biomechanics.Read More
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, NY
- Long Island Jewish Valley Stream, Valley Stream, NY
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
Surgery Center Affiliations
- South Shore Ambulatory Center, Lynbrook, NY
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, 1998
- General Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Baltimore, MD, 1999
- Orthopedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Baltimore, MD, 2003
- Spine and Joint Replacement, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Baltimore, MD, 2004
Why did you want to start a career in orthopedics?
I chose to pursue orthopedic surgery because it allowed me to provide care for others while also using my background in engineering and medicine.
What has been your favorite part about working at Orlin & Cohen?
The best part of working here is the diversity of patients and the sheer number of opportunities to be of service. It's especially rewarding and stimulating to treat people from all walks of life and age groups who have different goals and needs.
What do you do in your free time, when you’re not seeing patients?
In my free time, life revolves around my two teenage boys' schedules. But when there's enough "me time," I build furniture, garden, bike ride, hike and camp. I'm also a retired windsurfer.
Do you have any fun facts that you would like to share with your patients?
In order to communicate medical facts and professional things of interest, I am considering Twitter.