About Dr. Feder
The first fellowship-trained foot and ankle specialist on Long Island, John Feder, M.D., is board certified and specializes in sports medicine, trauma, and degenerative and congenital conditions of the foot and ankle.Read More
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, NY
- Long Island Jewish Valley Stream, Valley Stream, NY
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
Surgery Center Affiliations
- South Shore Ambulatory Center, Lynbrook, NY
- Center for Advanced Medicine Surgery Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- North Shore Surgery Center, Smithtown, NY
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society
Licensures & Certifications
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1997, 2007, 2017
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, 1987
- General Surgery, New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, New York, 1987–1989
- Orthopedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1990–1994
- Foot and Ankle Surgery, Junior Associate Attending, Hospital for Special Surgery and Roosevelt Hospital, New York, 1994–1995
- Clinical Associate/Attending Physician, Northwell Health, NY
- Residency Instructor, Long Island Jewish Medical Center/North Shore University Hospital New Hyde Park and Manhasset, NY
- Residency Instructor, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Queens, NY
- Residency Instructor, St. Johns Episcopal Hospital, Queens, NY
Why did you want to start a career in orthopedics?
I have always loved science and had an active lifestyle. Orthopedics is the perfect synthesis of both.
What has been your favorite part about working at Orlin & Cohen?
I have been involved with Orlin & Cohen since its inception. I initially met Dr. Orlin in 1979 when his daughter Caryn and I become close friends at college. I had a vision to create a comprehensive musculoskeletal practice. Although arduous at times, it is immensely satisfying to see the practice evolve and provide exceptional patient care.
What do you do in your free time, when you’re not seeing patients?
My favorite free time activity is spending time with family and friends. I enjoy skiing, triathlons, gardening, traveling, and virtually any sport.
Do you have any fun facts that you would like to share with your patients?
I am a trivia junkie and can juggle.