Jonathan B. Ticker, M.D.
"I continually teach and learn the most advanced practices in arthroscopic shoulder surgery to give my patients the best chances for successful outcomes."
Jonathan B. Ticker, M.D., is a board-certified and fellowship-trained shoulder and sports medicine specialist who treats both nonoperative and operative conditions of the shoulder. When shoulder surgery is required, he focuses on minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to aid in return of function.Read More
Dr. Ticker has edited or co-edited five books. Three of the books highlight the spectrum of shoulder surgery over the past 25 years. His first, An Atlas of Shoulder Surgery, was published in 1998, and describes various standard techniques. His second, An Atlas of Shoulder Arthroscopy, was published in 2003, and details the evolution of arthroscopic approaches to shoulder surgical procedures. Dr. Ticker’s most recent technique book, An Atlas of Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy, was published in 2018. This book describes the most cutting-edge and minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques to treat shoulder problems that do not respond to nonsurgical measures.
He has edited two additional books for academic societies. The first celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, published in 2007. The second celebrates the 40th Anniversary of the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the most influential Society in the field of arthroscopy. This represents his most recent book, published in 2022.
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Northwell Health Valley Stream, Valley Stream, NY
- Northwell Health Syosset Hospital, Syosset, NY
Surgery Center Affiliations
- Lynbrook Surgery Center, Lynbrook, NY
- Center for Advanced Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon Foundation, Inaugural Chair, Board of Trustees
- Journal of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery, Board of Trustees
- San Diego Shoulder Institute, Board of Directors
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1988
- Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, 1989
- New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, 1994
- Frank E. Stinchfield Research Fellow, Biomechanics of the Shoulder, New York Orthopaedic Hospital Research Laboratory, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 1991
- Sports Medicine/Shoulder, Center of Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1995
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY
Dr. Ticker speaks at a NS-LIJ sponsored orthopedic conference
Dr. Ticker spoke to over 400 registrants at the "All Things Upper Extremity - Advanced Concepts: Ped...
Dr. Ticker part of the 2013 AANA annual meeting program committee
Jonathan Ticker, M.D., is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and for th...
Orlin & Cohen is pleased to welcome Jonathan B. Ticker, M.D.
Dr. Ticker has co-edited two textbooks on shoulder surgery, including An Atlas of Shoulder Surgery (...
Share your experience with Dr.Ticker now.
Rotator cuff surgery
Overall, Orlin and Cohen is such a wonderful Orthopedic group! I had a great experience and I am on ...
Rotator cuff & bicep tendon
I held off as long as possible before surgery. Dr. Ticker was patient and never forceful to have thi...
I am beyond blessed to have found a meticulous and fantastic surgeon, Dr. Ticker, to repair rips and...
rotator cuff and bicep repair
I first met Dr. Ticker when he was the onsite Doctor for the US Open at Bethpage in 2002. That is to...
Rotator Cuff Repair
Dr. Ticker operated on my right shoulder. He repaired my rotator cuff and reattached my ligament on ...
Left Shoulder Surgery
I have to thank Dr. Ticker as he has done it again. My first review was probably a year ago (summer/...
Rotator cuff surgery
Dr. Ticker did the surgery on February 17th and he did a great job. The follow ups with Dr. Ticker a...
I had a fall that resulted in a torn rotator cuff, actually there were 3 tears as well as a bone spu...
Unfortunately I have had many sports related injuries and many opportunities at surgery and rehab . ...
Dr. Ticker was outstanding. He saw me for severe shoulder pain with very short notice. The team quic...
For the past 16 months, it's been my good fortune to be under the care of Dr. Jonathan Ticker, who d...
Dear Dr. Ticker, Thank you so much for the expert care you provided for my husband, Craig, for ...
Physical Therapy, Shoulder Injection
In January 2013, I began to experience constant pain in my right shoulder. After visiting my interni...
I was referred to Dr. Jonathan Ticker by a friend who was treated for a shoulder impingement and ple...
I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Jonathan Ticker who performed my shoulder surgery. Prior to fi...
Dr. Ticker has greatly improved the quality of my life as a result of the surgery he performed on my...
Rotator Cuff Surgery, Bicep Surgery
Dr. Ticker performed my shoulder surgery re-attaching and repairing torn tendons in both my rotator ...
I was suffering from impingement syndrome in both shoulders at the age of 55. I could no longer perf...
I suffered a right shoulder injury in November of 2011. I met with Dr. Ticker in December 2011 and w...
I am writing to reiterate how impressed I was by the professionalism and efficiency of Dr. Ticker an...
I am pleased to express my gratitude to two excellent physicians who have treated me with compassion...
For as long as I can remember, my life has revolved around being in, or around, the water. I'm the o...