About Dr. Krochak
Ryan Krochak, M.D, is a fellowship-trained sports medicine physician, specializing in both minimally invasive and open treatment of knee and shoulder injuries. He joined Orlin & Cohen after completing his fellowship training in orthopedic sports medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA.Read More
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Long Island Jewish Valley Stream, Valley Stream, NY
- Syosset Hospital, Syosset, NY
Surgery Center Affiliations
- Center for Advanced Medicine Surgery Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- South Shore Ambulatory Surgery Center, Lynbrook, NY
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine, University of Pennsylvania/Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
Why did you want to start a career in orthopedics?
Growing up an avid sports fan, every time I watched an athlete go down I was fascinated by the nature of the injury and how it would be treated. As an athlete myself, I experienced several frightening and potentially career-ending injuries. Although painful, it was an enlightening process and I found my true passion: the human body, its regenerative abilities, and the actions and techniques doctors use to help facilitate the healing process.
What's the best part of your job?
Whether it's returning a young athlete to competition after a torn ACL or enabling an elderly person to regain their mobility, having the ability to drastically improve a patient’s quality of life by relieving their pain and restoring their function is by far the most rewarding part of my job.
What do you do in your free time, when you’re not seeing patients?
My favorite free time activity is spending time with family and friends. I also enjoy traveling, experiencing different cultures, and trying out new restaurants and cuisines.